La familia lo es todo
Back by popular demand, the HGO-commissioned mariachi opera El Milagro del Recuerdo (The Miracle of Remembering) again transports audiences to Michoacán, Mexico, just in time for the holidays. A celebration of family and tradition, this timely story follows the lives of Laurentino, a bracero who returns from the United States to spend Christmastime with his family, and his wife Renata, who worries that his time away from home is changing him. The two face a life-changing decision: whether to stay with family in Mexico, or leave for the promise of a better life. Much of the original cast returns for this revival, including soprano Cecilia Duarte as Renata, and acclaimed bass-baritone Federico De Michelis in his role debut as Laurentino. Librettist Leonard Foglia directs with conductor Benjamin Manis taking the podium for this new Houstonian holiday tradition.
A co-production with Arizona Opera and San Diego Opera
$30 - $210
Appropriate for all ages.
1 Hours 18 Minutes. No intermission.
Sung in Spanish with projected English translation.
- Thursday, Dec. 8th at 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Friday, Dec. 9th at 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Saturday, Dec. 10th at 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Sunday, Dec. 11th at 2:30 PM Buy Tickets
- Tuesday, Dec. 13th at 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Thursday, Dec. 15th at 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Friday, Dec. 16th at 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Saturday, Dec. 17th at 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- Sunday, Dec. 18th at 2:30 PM Buy Tickets