Opera To-Go Sensory-Friendly Performance
Saturday, February 4th at 1 pm
Houston Grand Opera is bringing this year's Opera to Go! Monkey and Francine in the City of Tigers to the JCC this February! Join us at JCC Kaplan Theater on February 4 at 1:00 p.m. for a sensory-friendly performance, perfect for families and opera lovers of all ages. Tickets are free with registration.
COVID-19 update: While we encourage mask wearing for an Opera to Go! show, audiences may be mask optional. Performers are unmasked.
Opera to Go! is a fully-staged, high-energy, 45-minute opera, sung entirely in English and designed with students in mind. Opera to Go! is performed across countless schools and community venues all over the greater Houston region as well as to further regions in the great State of Texas.
2022-23 Opera to Go!
Monkey and Francine in the City of Tigers
Music by Kanala Sankaram
Libretto by David Johnston
Touring Fall 2022-Spring 2023
Composed by Kamala Sankaram with a libretto by David Johnston, this hilarious fable demonstrates the power of teamwork as a pair of monkey siblings save their kingdom from the wicked tigers.
View the Monkey and Francine Study Guide:
- Each season, Opera to Go! presents over 150 performances by a troupe of dedicated performing artists
- Nearly 60,000 children and families see an OTG! performance each year
- To date, 18 OTG! productions have been world premieres
- OTG! has toured as far as Midland, Laredo, and Kerrville, TX
- Teachers receive a free study guide with TEKS-aligned lesson plans prior to the campus visit
- Students engage with cast & crew members in a Q & A session following each performance