The Bauer Family High School Voice Studio
Bauer Family High School Voice Studio
The Bauer Family High School Voice Studio’s mission is to identify and nurture high school students who exhibit extraordinary potential and are interested in pursuing vocal performance at the collegiate level. The BFHSVS guides aspiring students to find healthy means of vocal technique and artistic expression and all-around achievement within a rigorous and supportive environment.
Bauer Family High School Voice Studio Students Receive:
- 24 private voice lessons with recognized, Houston-area college voice faculty.
- Monthly masterclasses with HGO mainstage artists or artistic staff.
- Significant financial assistance with travel for college auditions.
- Development of a College Audition Toolkit: Guidance with identifying the best school “fit” for each student, audition techniques, text interpretation, application assistance, professional-quality video to use for preliminary auditions.
- Two free tickets to each HGO mainstage dress rehearsal.
Events Open to the Public
BFHSVS Masterclasses and Recitals are free and open to the public. A list of events for 2020–21 will be posted soon.
Class of 2020:
- Zach Durgin, tenor, Mayde Creek High School
- Brianna Escamilla, mezzo-soprano, junior, Angleton High School
- Nidia Guevara-Nolasco, mezzo-soprano, senior, Angleton High School
- Ariadne Lopez, soprano, senior, Galena Park High School
- Kanade Motomura, mezzo-soprano, senior, High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
- Sebastian Pineda, baritone, senior, Deer Park High School
- Angie Tovar, soprano, senior, High School for the Performing and Visual Arts
- Emilio Vásquez, baritone, senior, Shadow Creek High School
- Jude Watt, tenor, junior, Kingwood High School
The Bauer Family High School Voice Studio is generously sponsored by:
Ruth and Ted Bauer Family Foundation
C. T. Bauer Foundation
Houston Grand Opera Guild Endowment Fund in memory of Ann Craft