Employment Opportunities Opportunities for employment at Houston Grand Opera are posted here regularly. Houston Grand Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability, or marital status.
Location: Houston, TX
Job Title: Network Administrator
Department: Finance and Administration
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (10:00 am – 2:00 pm M-F)
SUMMARY: The Network Administrator is responsible for installing and maintaining voice, data and technology infrastructure equipment, software and services. Coordinates local area computer network and telecommunications activities by performing the following duties individually or with other Information Services staff members
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Specifies, configures, installs and maintains local area network hardware, software such as personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, managed switches, firewall/security appliances, cabling and internet service providers.
- Responsible for the maintenance of telecommunications systems, including, but not limited to, phone system management, user setup and maintenance, general moves and changes and acting as liaison with telephone contractors and communications providers.
- Establishes and maintains network and telecommunications users, user environment, directories and security.
- Communicates to the users the standards for use, operation and security of the network, personal computers, data and telecommunications.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operations problems.
- Installs and tests software upgrades.
- Analyzes network resource utilization.
- Proficient in:
- Microsoft Windows 7 through Windows 10 desktop operating systems.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 through 2016 Server Operating Systems and environment, including, but not limited to, managing Active Directory, adding users, modifying directory permissions, installing and updating Operating Systems, troubleshooting errors and performance issues.
- A solid understanding of TCP/IP (TCPV4) protocol.
- Microsoft Office 365 desktop and web-based productivity suite
- Managing Microsoft Office 365 Hosted Exchange, Azure Active Directory, One Drive and related products.
- Familiar with:
- Working in popular backup and recovery products.
- Microsoft SQL, including software installation and configuration, database management and basic query functions.
- Firewall/security/VPN appliances; experience with Sonicwall UTM products preferred.
- Working with enterprise anti-malware solutions; preferred Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition [both client and server software]
- Additional skills a plus:
- Experience working with Blackbaud Financial Edge and Tessitura
- Experience working with VoIP phone system.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and associated Web-based scripting languages
- Experience with Dell desktop, laptop, and server hardware
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS: Interact with and support all departments as needed. Working knowledge of desktop hardware in regard to setup, troubleshooting and hardware upgrades. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Effectively organize, manage and prioritize projects, user help tickets and other duties. Ability to work unsupervised much of the time. Professional and effective communications skills, both verbal and written. Able to lift 50lbs unassisted. Manage special projects as assigned. Applicant must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
To apply for this position, please visit Houston Grand Opera’s job board at www.houstongrandopera.org/work. RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED.
Houston Grand Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job related disability, or marital status.Apply Now
Location: Houston, TX
Department: Music/Artistic Media
Job Title: Orchestra Member
Reports To: Music Director
Date: November 2009
The Core Orchestra Member is an orchestral performer who demonstrates mastery of instrumental performance and ensemble playing and who has been selected through national audition process and also been confirmed to core status after a one-year probationary period. There are forty-eight (48) core orchestra positions, as described in Article XIII of the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the American Federation of Musicians, Local #65-699.
A Non-Core Orchestra Member is an orchestral performer placed on the substitute list, and who has demonstrated mastery of their instrument to the Principal player of the section as well as the Music Director. Their contract is part of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, but they do not have all the rights and privileges of those of the core orchestra.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Studies, rehearses and performs contracted instrumental roles with the Houston Grand Opera Orchestra in the Brown Theater pit, Cullen Theater pit, Wortham Center rehearsal rooms and/or any other rehearsal or performance venue.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Candidate is required to be proficient on all instruments for which he/she is contracted, and must play well within the ensemble. Candidate must also show ability to work with multiple conductors and music staff.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS
Candidate must provide all instruments for which he/she is contracted and maintain these instruments in proper working order. Candidate must be available during regular business hours, evenings and weekends.
Position available through nationally posted audition process only.
Houston Grand Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job related disability, or marital status.
Auditions for Houston Grand Opera are posted here regularly. Click on the links to the right to download audition information for current audition opportunities.