What is the Bauer Family High School Voice Studio?
HSVS’s mission is to identify and nurture high school students who exhibit extraordinary talent and are interested in pursuing vocal performance at the collegiate level. The HSVS guides aspiring students to find healthy means of vocal technique and artistic expression and all-around achievement within a rigorous and supportive environment.
- Regular private voice lessons with recognized, Houston-area college voice faculty.
- Monthly masterclasses with HGO mainstage artists or artistic staff, or group meetings that focus on researching and preparing for college auditions.
- Significant financial assistance with travel for college auditions.
- Development of a College Audition Toolkit: Guidance with identifying the best school “fit” for each student, audition techniques, text interpretation, application assistance, professional-quality video to use for preliminary auditions.
- Two free tickets to each HGO mainstage dress rehearsal, plus intermission dessert and discussions.
- Perform in the high school ensemble (with opportunities for solo roles) of the world premiere HGO opera The House without a Christmas Tree, music by Ricky Ian Gordon, libretto by Royce Vavrek. The performances will be conducted by HGO Associate Music Director Bradley Moore and directed by world-renowned stage director James Robinson.
For more information on the Bauer Family High School Voice Studio audition process, please click here.